Saturday, February 20, 2016

Feb. 15- 18

Reading:  The students received 2 articles and together we highlighted important information.  Then independently they each took the information to write a paragraph.
They received their new spelling words on Monday.  I gave them the challenge again that if even gets a 3 on the test I will bring in a treat.  They also had a Latin/Greek test on Thursday.

Writing:  They continued researching and writing on their continent.  They are still having a hard time determining the difference between a continent, country and a state.  As we continue our writing and our project I'm hoping they grasp this topic more.

Grammar:  This week they learned how to correctly capitalize a title and where commas go in an address.

Projects:  We finished up the autobiography maps and now are returning to the continent research.

MISC:  I am going to be sending home a bookorder on Monday.  It says I will submit on Thursday.  I can wait until Monday 2/29 if anyone needs me to.

In reading, as a whole, the class is not going back into their text to find their answers and therefore they are getting them wrong.  I am making them redo their papers when this happens.  Some are having to go back a third time.  Will you please stress to them the importance of always going back and finding the answers and not just guessing.