Sunday, November 2, 2014

October 27-30

Reading:
We read the stories of Medusa and Athena (4th) and Arachne and Athena (3rd). We discussed their character traits, actions and theme. The students then read their own Greek myth and filled out their own papers.
We had a Latin/Greek test on Thursday. We will have a spelling test this week.

Writing:
We finished writing our Halloween narratives. Then we shared them with Mrs. WindRiver's class

Grammar:
We reviewed the different parts of speech on Monday and took an assessment on Wednesday.

Projects:
This week the students learned about Nevada.  On Wednesday we enjoyed pioneer stew and cornbread. We will start our new project on Monday.

The projects at the museum have been judged and our class had some winners! I promised them I wouldn't put it on the blog until I told them on Monday. I will put the winning projects on the blog after I have told the class.  They all worked hard and did a great job!